The good news (I think??) is that my busy season of work is OVER!!! So this means more time to do things that I want to do!!
Last weekend, I went back to Alabama for a SUPER quick trip to just get away. Saturday, Mom and I popped over to Birmingham, where we did quite a bit of shopping. Got to see Abby, which is always fun. Then we had an incredible dinner at BRIO where no course was sparred...LITERALLY! We ordered soups, salads, appetizers, entrees and then unfortunately passed over the desserts. I haven't been a pig like that in FOREVER!! Sunday, we went to Church, then I got back in the car and drove down to Panama City for MDA's Telethon. Let me give you a timeline of my hours for that. Sunday: 4-1:30 AM at the station, 2:30AM sleep, 5:40AM Alarm, 7:00AM-6:30 PM Station Taping, 6:30-8:30 PM drive back to TLH. Can I just say that exhaustion doesn't even do it justice?? My poor coworkers and the poor souls here in FL who had to see me the next few days were probably scarred from how SCARY I looked. We're talking show up to work with wet hair, no makeup, almost in PJ's. SORRY.
So after a week of looking like death, I've decided its time to get back on track. I'm up at Atlanta Bread Company (because I've yet to have time to have Comcast at my house to fix the internet) and doing some MAJOR catch up.
I don't know how the weather is where you are, but here...FALL is in the air BIG TIME! I'm assuming its that way for you too, considering I live here in swamp land. So I've definitely started scanning through all the magazines and catching up with my favorite blogs to see what I need to stock up on this fall for my overflowing closet.
At this point, I'm feeling that A LOT of long cardigans and comfy sweaters and ankle length leggings (I HATE the cropped kind) will be my outfits of choice...of course along with some incredible boots that I'm still on the hunt for!
Here are a few things I'm salivating over.
I love my watch I have now. Its very special to me. I actually got it as a Christmas gift from Ryan. But I am OBSESSING over this! I think an update is in order, dont you?
Loving these. And if they weren't heels, I'ld love them even more!
I love basics. And a basic with a little extra on it is even better.
And then to channel my inner Blair Waldorf (ok who am I kidding, I'm nowhere near that chic), I loke this little thing. I can't actually see myself wear it, but I do like it quite a bit!!
AND...here is what I'm DYING to try. The other day, I was getting my weekly manicure (give me a break, we all have indulgences) and the girl was going ON AND ON about how grey nail polish is the IT color for fall. I was skeptical but when I saw it on someone, I died. In fact, thats my next stop after here. Time to give the old "Bubble Bath" light pink a week off and try something new!!
And I'm taking this from another blog, The Lettered Cottage. I read these and can't agree more! Of course, I believe in other rules too like, some are meant to be broken :)
1. Take into account that great love and great achievements involve great risk.
2. When you lose, don't lose the lesson.
3. Follow the three R's of good karma:- Respect for self- Respect for others- Responsibility for all your actions.
4. Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a wonderful stroke of luck.
5. Don't let a little dispute injure a great relationship.
6. When you realize you've made a mistake, take immediate steps to correct it.
7. Spend some time alone every day.
8. Open your arms to change, but don't let go of your values.
9. Remember that silence is sometimes the best answer.
10. Live a good, honourable life. Then when you get older and think back, you'll be able to enjoy it a second time.
11. A loving atmosphere in your home is the foundation for your life.
12. In disagreements with loved ones, deal only with the current situation. Don't bring up the past.
13. Share your knowledge. It is a way to achieve immortality.
14. Be gentle with the earth.
15. Once a year, go someplace you've never been before.
16. Remember that the best relationship is one in which your love for each other exceeds your need for each other.
17. Judge your success by what you had to give up in order to get it.
18. Be kind.
So all this being said, I'm out. Got lots to do, including watching my Tigers tonight!! WAR EAGLE!!