Sunday, September 27, 2009

Where have I been? I can tell you EXACTLY where I've been for the past week...in BED. You read correctly, I camped out in my bed with the dogs all week long. Why? Because I had a simple case of the SWINE FLU! Yes, you read correctly again...unfortunately. I cannot even begin to explain the misery that accompanies that ridiculous virus, but I can tell you this...I'm glad its over!

I ventured in to work on Friday and made it barely. And this weekend, I'm feelin 98% back to normal (minus the bronchitis that is still lingering). I hope to wake up without a cough in the morning...yeh right.

But let me back up a smidge.

Last weekend, I made the 4 hour drive up to Auburn to stay with my sister for the weekend. Ran into these fabulous ladies...

Evyan and Heidi...old College Roomates!!

I spent the majority of the afternoon at their tailgate catching up and when it was time for the game to start, I met up with Sarah and her friends in the stadium. Ahhh to be a student again in the Student Section! Unfortunately, as soon as I got to my "seat" the monsoon came and STAYED! The $3.00 poncho did me NO good because I got DRENCHED! After an hour of standing in the biggest outdoor shower I've ever experienced, we decided to leave. And of course as soon as we left, the rain quit and the game began. What an awesome way to spend $40...to stand in the rain! But I'm firmly convinced that this is where my Swine Flue came from. OH WELL!! I'll go back soon and try again!

And I won't disappoint you guys. Here are a few of my latest obsessions.


Nail Tek...most nail salons carry this and if any of you are Ulta Fans like me, you can find it there also. I'm not kidding you when I tell you that this is the ULTIMATE in nail strengtheners! I've bit my nails my whole life and for years I've had acrylic tips (tried to keep them as natural looking as possible but who was I kidding?). All because even when I did somehow grow out my nails, they were weak and would split, tear, break, etc. Well, I'm here to tell you that my nails are ROCK HARD now. All I do is put a base coat on before my manicure, then put a coat on every day for several days. And its a miracle worker! WELL worth the $12!!

And because its almost October and fall has officially begun, I am just dreaming of the leaves changing colors. Hasn't happened here in swamp land...YET.





Another fabulous Ulta purchase (gosh I LOVE that store)...Biolage conditioning balm. My hair is always dry and it just drinks up conditioner like no other. So, I'm always on a hunt for the perfect conditioner. Believe me, I've tried them all and I always somehow come back to this goodness. I don't know why I ever strayed to begin with. It smells DELICIOUS and a little bit goes a LONG way. Doesn't leave my hair greasy and gives it the perfect softness so it lays flat when I straighten it and waves perfectly when I don't.
And because I love anything that saves me steps, I love the Bounce Dryer Bar. No more dryer sheets to be found in my bed because the dogs are little pirates (which by the way, these are TERRIBLE for dogs with all the chemicals on them). AND it leaves my clothes smelling like mom's laundry room.


So I'm gearing up for yet another busy week. My October Calendar seems to get busier and busier by the day. Thank you MDA.


No comments: