Friday, March 28, 2008

Ketchup and Mustard




Its
been a while, so I figured I will play catch up!

The trip to Texas last week was hectic and stressful. Mom and I spent the first night in a not so desirable hotel because the South by Southwest festival in downtown Austin had hotels packed. Sunday, we spent mostly in the car driving around looking at apartments and getting a feel for the city. Of course, we found the mall and did a little shopping. Then we checked into The Driskell Hotel, which has to be the nicest place I have ever stayed! Its worth making a trip to because it is absolutely breathtaking how beautiful it is! If I lived in Texas, I would want a wedding reception there!! I actually ended up not taking the job, but I fell in love with the city. So who knows, I may find myself there one day.
(This is a view of our hotel room. Oh so romantic........with my mom. But it was still gorgeous)

Saturday, we had the engagement dinner for Abby and David at our house and it was a huge success! It was so nice to see people I haven't seen in years and of course, being with my best friends was a treat!! We are surrounded by weddings right now. Our family seems to have nothing else to talk about, so we've made a rule that at dinner, NO WEDDING TALK! It will be strange after these two weddings are over. What are we going to talk about??


Easter was nice, but low key. Hey, I'm not complaining. Holidays can always be so stressful for our family so it was nice to take it easy and enjoy the day.

No comments: