Tuesday, August 5, 2008

What Goes Around...

So maybe I was slacking a little today and needed a coffee pick-me-up. I had gone home for a few minutes to do some things from my computer because I have quite a few technologically-challenged customers who need my help with the simple things like attaching files in an email or actually just turning on the computer. Yes, I'm sadly not overexaggerating.


Anyway. I later went to Starbucks to get my coffee and after I ordered and was waiting in line (trapped between 2 cars), I realized I had left my wallet at my house. Imagine my panic. Where would I come up with $4.50 worth of change in the next minute? I started preparing my speech in my head as I waited. I got to the window and gave him the spill.


"Im so sorry. I can't find my wallet. I'm going to have to cancel my order." Well you know that by the time I got to the window, my drink was already made and that "order" couldn't be "canceled."


Surprisingly, the guy was ultra-sweet and understanding. He said I could have it for free because they would throw it away again. I took it feeling VERY guilty and decided it was time to cash in my good deed for the day.


I drove home, picked up my wallet and then drove back to the 'bucks to pay for my drink. It felt good and I was truly expecting something good to come my way.


You want to know what that "good thing" was? Yeh it was quite the opposite. Twenty minutes later I discovered I had lost a $3000 check from a customer who isn't even mine. After explaining that to him, I sucked it up and forked over a $30 check for the cancelation fee.


So, do I believe in Karma?

Not at this moment!!

No comments: