Sunday, August 3, 2008

Made For Walkin....

I love when August rolls around for one specific reason: magazine heaven time!! September editions of all fashion magazines are the best. Packed full of the upcoming trends...my heart skips a little beat when I see it on the shelves at Books-A-Million. I have to first flip through and get a little preview and then later go back and spend serious time reading each and every page. Yeh, I know, this is pathetic, but its one of my things.
In the September 2008 edition of Lucky Magazine, a few people were asked how they prepare for the new clothing season. Everyone had good ideas like writing out every thin you want on a post it and keeping it at your desk so that when you get it, you can cross it off the list. I know how I am and if they all get crossed off, I'm going to feel pretty good.
One lady talked about the importance of buying boots early in the game. I've always tried to wait it out and get a good bargain, but I usually hurt myself with this. By November when the sales kick in, my size is usually sold out and then im up the creek with no paddle. SO, this year, I'm going to think ahead and buy in advance. Well made boots trully are an investment worth every penny. I've had one pair I LOVE for 4 years and I keep wearing them (despite how impossible they are to take off) year after year because they've held up so well and actually look new!!
On my list of purchases for this month (all from Nine West...which happens to have quite a few things I love):





No comments: