Monday, September 15, 2008

A little Catch Up...

The past month I've been sick. It went from tonsilitis to bronchitis to sinusitis. Basically, I'm used to constantly hacking up my lungs. I've gone strong and fought it all this time and came to the realization this morning that the more I fight, the longer its going to stay. So, guess who took today off! I've been laying in bed, feeling like I'm back in college again. Despite the constant coughing, I've really enjoyed having NOTHING to do. I honestly cannot remember the last time this happened!!


This past weekend I went down to Tallahassee to visit Ryan. The original plan was to help him with the final touch ups on his house that he has been renovating. I'm imagining that I was going to walk into an empty house with walls, cabinets, appliances, fixtures, flooring, etc. More like: concrete subfloor, only one wall put up, exposed ceiling. I'm probably the LEAST handy person alive, so when I walked into this, I was a little bit nervous. Believe it or not, Ryan actually convinced me to be his little assistant. Please picture me helping lay electrical wire, plumbing and building walls. I know. It was quite a site.


I'll be honest, I didn't last all day like he did. All the sawdust and mess everywhere on top of NO AC, I started hacking like no other and decided to sit in front of the fan and have a little magazine/pedicure time. Like I could possibly make it for a whole day!! All I have to say is that whenever the day comes that we start renovating a house, I'm in charge of decorating. Construction...not so much.

No comments: