Thursday, September 25, 2008

The Waiting Game

Its been pretty busy around here.

I've had this big house all to myself since Saturday. Mr. Overactive 5 year old (aka Ryan) surprised me and came a little bit early Friday afternoon and stayed until Tuesday morning. We had dinner with Sarah up in Auburn Monday night. I couldn't help it. Niffers was calling my name. Besides, the boy has an appetite close to that of a whale's and I knew he could go for some corn nuggets and fried pickles while we waited :) .

Now, I'm staying super busy with work (surprisingly), which has really helped pass all this alone time. I'm quite independent, but I'll be honest, I was a little sad Tuesday night when I got home from work and I was only greeted by two little pups. Secretly, I was hoping to drive up only to discover that he is full of surprises and decided to stay an extra day.

These days I'm always hoping for things I know I can't have quite yet.

I want a better job.

I want my own place.

I want to live in the same city as Ryan.

I want to fast forward to a few years down the road when hopefully my life will be a little more like I want.

I know that its always greener on the other side. It never gets easier. Circumstances change but one thing stays the same: Life is hard.

Patience is a virtue. As a girl, I always daydream of what I want my life to be like. I dream of coming home to my own family with my husband and precious children. To the home of my dreams.

But dreams aren't reality.

I'm really working on my patience and seeing the silver lining in every circumstance. I'm learning that happiness is a choice not an emotion you just wake up with one day.

HOWEVER, I do have peace in knowing that God listens to his children and their desires. And I have peace in knowing that his wisdom is infinitely greater than ours. His plan is flawless.

"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord. Plans to prosper you and not to harm you. Plans to give you a hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11.

I keep holding this one close to my heart.

Today I was reading a mother's blog about her journey through her daughter's recovery from a massive anurism. Her life is upside down and she just longs for the past when things were normal. She waits for that normalcy. I then realized that my circumstances aren't so bad.

So I have to maintain a precious relationship 3 hours away and only have the phone during the week. So I have to take the little tidbits of time I can get with him here and there.
We DO get to spend time together. We DO have each other. Im NOT alone anymore.

This mother posted two scriptures that have opened my eyes and will be holding close to my heart right now.

"For the Lord is a faithful God. Blessed are those who wait on Him."
-Isaiah 30:18

"But if we look forward to something we don't have yet, we must wait patiently and confidently."
-Romans 8: 25

I'm waiting patiently and confidently from now on!!

No comments: