Wednesday, October 1, 2008

A few weekends ago, Sarah, Ryan and I took a Sunday afternoon trip to Books-a-Million. I have a slight obsession with that place. The goodness of passing time in that place reading magazines and buying tons of books, when I should be working, is amazing. We let the five year old (aka Ryan) roam around in search of some book he saw years ago that he swears will be perfect for Dad to read.

The conversation went a little something like this:
Ryan: Yeh I really want to get this book for your dad, I think he's going to love it.
Rach: Ok, what is it?
Ryan: Yeh I don't remember the name
Rach: Who's the author?
Ryan: Yep, don't remember that either.
Rach: ummmmmmmmm ok? So do you remember what it looks like?
Ryan: Nope
Rach: Well, what is it about?
Ryan: I don't really remember to tell you the truth.
Rach: Ok, you know what, go look at the sports books and find me when you're ready.

I'm serious, it was EXACTLY like that, ask Sarah!

But, while I spent 45 minutes reading magazines and finding a few books to buy, I found myself being oh-so-generous.

I picked up, "He's Just Not that Into You" for Sarah. How I wish I could keep her from dealing with all the mess that comes with dating, especially in college. But, I will give her some credit. She doesn't put up with nearly as much as most girls her age.

I then grabbed, "Wild At Heart" for Ryan. The book was basically written about him. Girls, if you haven't read this yet, go buy it IMMEDIATELY. It is an absolute must read to be able to understand man's heart and how God created him. And then let your men read it. So far, Ryan has enjoyed it.



And surprisingly, the five year old picked this one out for me. "The Five Love Languages" is an absolute must read for any couple. I know, I know...I'm not engaged or married, but it is very eye-opening. GO BUY IT NOW!!!


And then he picked this one out for me. I HATE IT! Very cultish sounding and I'm suspicious of it so I've stopped reading it. Maybe its just me.


No comments: