Monday, October 27, 2008



I really dread the day when I become a new homeowner and I decided to take on a bunch of weekend projects.




For the past two months, Ryan has been in the process of putting all the finishing touches on his new house and it seems that this is a NEVER ENDING process!!




He's on the home stretch now because everything is done now except for the last step in finishing the floor and installing the crown molding.




This weekend, I was the oh so gracious girlfriend and played tilers assistant. From 7-11 Friday night and ALL DAY Saturday, we layed tile.




Thankfully, we got a really good system down, so we started moving very quickly.





The plan was to have it all FINISHED, including the grouting, by the end of the weekend, but any of you remodlers know how plans like these work out.




The mortar stil wasn't dry and so I luckily escaped the daunting task of grouting. Thank goodness because I was NOT looking forward to that!!
I can't really complain too much. We had a good time and had a lot of laughs at how absolutely disgusting we got from all of that work.
Believe it or now, I sacrificed my fresh manicure for this guy!! :)





And last but DEFINITELY not least, the weekend weather was PERFECT!
I finally could whip out some of my fall clothes for going to dinner. Theres just something about fall that makes me very happy.
Maybe its because I finally was able to wear these little gems for the first time!
I know, Uggs are the uggliest shoes made and I boycotted them for years.
But the second I put them on last year, I was a convert.
I don't wear them with skirts or shorts or leggings with T-shirts (which happened to be quite the trend last winter at Auburn).
They stay tucked under my jeans and doing their job: keeping my feet warm!!



No comments: