Monday, October 12, 2009

Its been bugging me for a while now. I have a HUGE wall behind my living room tv that is COMPLETELY empty. So, I've lived here for almost a year now and I feel like I still have that, "please excuse my place I just moved in" look. A major reason for this is because my walls are naked.



So last week, I started my quest for some inexpensive alternatives to the art I would die to have! My parents have an art dealer at Scott's Antique Mall they always use and I would just love to pilfer through their supply and walk out with several key pieces. HOWEVER...sticking to the "I'm young and on a budget" theme, I'll have to be resourceful. So all you design on a dime girls out there, throw your suggestions at me!



In the meantime, I've found a few things I really like!



This is from Southern Living. This guy took an old envelope and enlarged it and had it framed. How creative is that!!




Its no secret that I am a Ballard Designs junkie. Well I guess to be considered a junkie, I'ld have to have a house full of their items...so scratch that. But I have quite the love affair with this catalog. I remember when my parents bought the house they live in, I had just moved to college. My mom, bless her heart, had no sense of direction when it came to decorating, she she enlisted me, the college freshman, to help her style her new home. Since I obviously couldn't go with her to every store and stock up (**although when I was able to join her, it was always a blast because the list of things the house needed was HUGE so we basically played supermarket sweep for a few years there), we had to stick to catalogs for the most part. And Ballard was by far our favorite. In fact, whenever a new one came in the mail, we got quite excited!!



And this little one has been on my list since 2002. I should probably bite the bullet and buy it huh!











1 comment:

Sara Caldwell said...

i am personally a big fan of vintage maps to cover a large space.