Saturday, October 17, 2009

My dearest Ipod,

You've been quite the trooper through the years. 4.5 years!! Wow, who would have thought I would have been able to keep you working or let alone not lose you for that long. And really and truly, you still work. But, I've had the itch to get your replacement for quite a while. Its silly, I know but I can't help it.

I know you're quite special. You were a birthday present from an old boyfriend. And I won't forget how excited I was to open you!! If I remember correctly, I actually took you everywhere I went. We were a team! But you were way cooler than all the other ipods, because you were of course the latest and greatest. You were the first to show pictures and color. All those other losers were practically carrying around a dinosaur.

And I was shocked and actually felt quite challenged when I learned that you could hold something like 16,000 songs. Well we all knew that would NOT happen. Hey, maybe thats why you're still kicking today. I guess my 500 songs arent making you work over time.

You will be proud to know, dear ipod, that I never put illegally downloaded songs on you. This probably explains the 500 huh?? I'm sure you've been quite confused at times to what in the world is wrong with me. Rascall Flatts, Coldplay, Fleetwood Mac, Kings of Leon, Needtobreathe, Taylor Swift...Identity Crisis or just can't quite make up my mind???

Well buddy, don't feel as though you're being abandoned. In fact, you're even going to stay in the family. You'll get to go back to your hometown, Auburn, and be put to the real test. Your new owner is Sarah. She did something to her REALLY nice ipod and basically killed it. So, I'm being nice and loaning you to her until she buys a replacement. Don't hate me if you get shuffled around from book bag to purse to car to some random stereo. Give her a break, she's a college kid.

Love,
Rachel

****
Ok so you get the drift....I finally bit the bullet today and bought a replacement. No, I didnt spring for the touch version for several reasons: price (obviously), I have NO need for the amount of songs it holds, and size (I wanted the smalles thing I could get my hands on...nothing is more annoying than a bulky ipod sloshing around when working out).

No comments: