Saturday, November 7, 2009

OK I have officially been sans-internet for FOREVER. AND for the past few weeks I've had to travel a lot with work. Those two combined translate into NO time for catch up time on here.So, I'll keep things brief because I have SEVERAL posts planned to come. Comcast finally came out here and installed internet so I promise to be more faithful to you guys.Two weeks ago, we had our annual Harvey's Golf Classic. I must admit, it wasn't too terrible to ride in the golf cart all day and say hey to all of the participants. AND I got a pretty sweet watch tan...be jealous.


A few pictures of the day are on the way. Just go ahead and prepare to laugh at me... A LOT!

If only the zoom would go in more and you could see my face. Apparantly biting your lip really helps your form, at least that was my natural reaction.
NO RACHEL....this is NOT baseball... I mean seriosuly, WHAT is this???


All those years dating a golfer, you'ld think that I would have learned how to drive a golf ball. Negative ghostwriter. I was forced to by the CEO of the company, and here I am looking like a complete tool.
Moving on to the actual reason why we had the tournament. Every year we partner up with Harvey's Supermarkets and this year was our greatest yet...$140,000+ raised!!! All that money to help provide our services to our members. Unfortunately, this is only one of MANY events we have because my office alone is responsible for raising $920,000 this year. And yes, I'm extremely aware that the ecomony is TERRIBLE...believe me, if any industry is feeling it, its non-profits!! I tend to forget why I work as hard as I do. And then, I spend time with the families affected by these terrible neuromuscular diseases and immediately remember.
Here are some pictures of these sweet little pumpkins I work 24/7 for!!
Here is sweet little Lilly Grace. Her brother, Lottyn, is one of our members and he is my absolute favorite. He melts my heart. Lilly Grace clung to me all day long. At one point she said, "Did you brush your teeth today? Because your teeth are really shiny." Im telling you, find yourself a sweet little 7 year old and your self esteem should sky rocket.

And here we are with little Lottyn (in the wheelchair) and Ian. Any of you out there who remember my highschool/college boyfriend Blake, is he not a mini version of him????



No comments: