Friday, November 27, 2009

Part Two...

Its time to catch you up to speed on my crazy week off. Most people would take a week off to relax and do things around the house. Not this girl. I've been gone for 7 days and been in 6 states (Florida, Alabama, Georgia, South Carolina, Tennessee & Kentucky). Its been the PERFECT week off. Not too long and not too short. I couldn't ask for more.

Yesterday morning, I started a new post but was distracted when I was being hurried out the door for a day trip to Louisville, KY. No offense to anyone from there, but it will not be somewhere I'm dying to return to. We spent the day FREEZING (I'm talking windchill of 12 degrees) walking around the downtown area, where there really wasn't much to do. Ended up a a sports bar so I could watch the Iron Bowl. I'm not going to comment, because I'm heartbroken. But OH SO PROUD of how my boys played their little hearts out!!

So, in italics is the post I had started. Sorry if its too confusing.

I'm on the second leg of my vacation up in FREEZING cold Kentucky!! I'm up here visiting a friend who was gracious enough to put up with my 24 hr flu/bug yesterday on Thanksgiving Day. I'm feeling MUCH better now, so we're off to Louisville for the day...



I'm not kidding you when I say its cold. We're talking windchills of around 12 degrees. Quite a change from Sunny Florida.


My friend lives in Elizabethtowne, KY. Yes the same place that the movie is named for. I loved that movie for some strange reason (probably the soundtrack) and was pretty pumped when I found out that was where I would be heading. Unfortunately, the town looks NOTHING like the picture above. I may have just missed out all the "hot spots," but I can tell you the highlights of the town. A movie theatre that plays probably 3 movies. A bowling alley that also doubles as a flea market. And a ChikFilA that seriously skimps on their portions. Not that I had an appetite anyway, but I still was very un-impressed. I complain, but in reality, I had a good time all things considered. I parked myself in Barnes & Nobles on Wednesday while I waited on my friend to finish working. Caught up on all my magazines....THAT in itself was a task...one I just "hated!!"



We later went and had lunch at the most local Mom & Pop sub shop I've EVER been to. We're talking a cute little old couple, who could easily be my grandparents, cooking on a stove that I would be confident to bet I know SEVERAL people have in their houses. Hey Sears purchase in 1995!!! Apparantly, the line is always out the door at lunch time there. I ordered sweet tea and I think I almost passed out from the overdose of sugar. Poor Kentuckians...don't know how to make the holy water!!

--------

Tomorrow, I will hit the road AGAIN for the last time and head back home to sunny Florida. Unfortunately, I'll have another 5 hr drive ahead of me this Wednesday AND Thursday for work when I head to Atlanta. It makes me tired just thinking about it. Hope you all enjoyed your holiday! OH yeh one more thing...



WAR EAGLE!!

No comments: