Monday, November 9, 2009

Meet Emily from Cupcakes and Cashmere. No, I don't know her. Its just thanks to the beauty of the blog world that I've fallen in love with her INCREDIBLE style. I've mentioned her before and if she were to come across this, she'ld probably be really freaked out, but I don't care. BECAUSE she is just the cutest thing ever.

Not only does she have the freshest take on style, she has a knack for mixing the really expensive with the really cheap. Its not uncommon for her to pair designer with Forever 21. Just goes to show you that it isn't always about the labels. I'm not going to continue talking about my girl crush (seriously, don't interpret that any other way besides the fact that I wish I were her at times), but I am going to tell you how she "inspired" me.

Forewarning you, I'm a single (sometimes bored/lonely) girl, so the little things can excite me at times.

I've been growing out my hair for a while now and its reached the point where I can FINALLY do the beach waves look. Naturally, my hair is curly/wavy and I rely on that fabulous Frederick Fekkai Beach Hair spray to tame it if I just don't have enough time to battle with it in the morning. I went through a 3 month phase that I didn't battle with it at all and I literally came to work with wet hair every day. (**Sidenote: For Christmas, my office is putting a little spin on Secret Santa this year. We're drawing names and not only do we bring a gift for that person, we also will come to work dressed up like her. You guys think this is lame, but I'm actually quite excited about it. Anyway, when we decided to do this, my coworker said, "well if I draw Rachel, I'm gonna have to figure out a way to keep my hair wet all day. I guess I can keep a mister bottle with me all day. It was at this point that I realized that 3 month phase is OVER).

So, I hopped over to Sally Beauty Supply (we've all been there, don't be afraid to admit it.) and took the plunge and bought a curling iron. I know I know...curling iron...isn't that like a 7th grade mishap?? For me, I will forever think of curling irons as my first flatiron (yes I used that before college to straighten my hair).

I've been jealous of the celebs who sport the wavy look, but haven't ever been able to pull it off. Partly because I've had the short do and partly because I'm just a moron and never could figure out HOW to do this.

**This lame story is ending soon I promise!!

And thanks to Emily's HOW TO , I finally got it. Several burnt fingertips later, I've figured out how to make my wavy hair look perfectly wavy without the frizz.

MOVING ON...

I was in Target the other day and found a headband similar to Emily's here...



What are your thoughts on these? Am I too old for this? Am I not stylish enough to even try it? Be brutally honest...I can take it.

I can't remember which blog I found this on, but I'm really salivating over the YSL bag. Yeh, salivating I will continue...YSL and MDA aren't a fabulous economic match.


And then I thought that I would just throw this wild card in here for fun measure.


One more pretty little thing to share...


These guys are so simple yet so perfect. They remind me of my Behind the Glass days in college. I wore jewelry like this back then and thankfully held on to ALL of my fabulous purchases. I racked up working in that boutique for 3.5 years and have the closet/jewelry collection to remember those fun years.









No comments: