Friday, November 13, 2009

Christmas TDF...

Every year, Banana Republic makes a Christmas Cocktail dress that falls in my TDF (to die for)file. And while I haven't even visited my old favorite store in quite some time, the tradition continues.

I don't even have an occasion to buy my annual TDF BP dress, but it doesn't hurt to look. So when I stopped by their site to peak at the new arrivals, I found myself looking for that occasion.
Hey, I'm single again, so that means there are LOTS of parties to attend, right?

Enjoy these little gems, and don't be surprised if you see me show up to Starbucks wearing one of these for lack of an appropriate event.
I love the textured tights look, but I'm still a classic girl when it comes to a cocktail dress. This one is just yelling for some fabulous jewelry and purple/magenta heels, if you ask me.
And before I even tell you how I envision wearing this little cutie, I just want to make a side comment about the one shoulder style. Any of you guys out there that suffered through my one shoulder dress obsession for a few years know that I've had my fair share of history with this style. I definitely went through a phase in high school when I wore a one shoulder dress to just about EVERY dance we had. And for anyone from Montgomery, you know that we had LOTS of dances each year. All that being said, I swore off to this style. I promised my closet and friends that I would NEVER purchase a dress missing fabric again. Well dear friends and overflowing closet, I just might have to break my promise for this number. I'm just saying.

When I worked at Behind the Glass in college, we had an annual Christmas Cocktail party were we got DECKED OUT and went somewhere super fancy for dinner. Then we'ld be silly and all go out afterwards in our fancy attire. One year, the cutest, tiniest, most precious little girl worked with us and she had the most incredible since of style. Every outfit she put together had that feel to it that you just stare in envy and think to yourself, "I would never have thought to put all that together and DANG it looks incredible." Anyway, Katelyn wore a tiny perfect little dress just like this. So when I came across this dress, I smiled and thought of her.
So why all the Christmas Cocktail talk? Probably because I am in PURE countdown mode to get in the holiday spirit. I'm really having to fight the urge to pull out the decorations. I've already decided that I'm probably not going to opt for a tree this year for several reasons, the biggest one being that I have a male puppy at home who thinks every tree he sees needs to be marked. So I've come up with quite the alternative that I will post on as soon as its finished. Lets just say my house will smell incredible when you walk through the door and I will not lose that southern christmas touch either.

No comments: