Friday, November 13, 2009

"I love me a ruffle..."

Its no secret that I had a MAJOR obsession with The Rachel Zoe Project. I could watch that crazy/awesome lady over and over again. And DON'T even get me started on how much I love her assistants Brad and Taylor. The second season ended several weeks ago, but Rachel and crew are still with me in spirit.

If you watch her show, you will remember that she is the queen of pocketing her own phrases that really stick (i.e. "I die", "BANANAS,"). And one that never left my memory was, "I LOVE me a sequin."

** SIDENOTE Ok, so for those of you out there that could care less about fashion or Rachel Zoe's silliness, you're just gonna need to come back tomorrow when I will find something a little more universally appealing.

Back to my "story." Tonight I was leaving work after a grueling week of not being good enough (Anyone else feel like this? No matter how hard you try, you will never get everything done, nor will you ever be the best/what is expected of you. I guess this is what drives me because for some unexplained reason, the harder it gets, the more I work to BE the best, to BE what is expected of me. I think MDA has my number.), and I decided to treat myself to something not necessary. WHOA HOLY LONGEST SENTENCE EVER!!!

So, I'm on the budget from down under and my options are pretty limited, unfortunately. Where do I find myself going? To Old Faithful...aka Old Navy. I know I know...not exactly the most fabulous place to shop, but if you can think outside the box, you can find some separates that can make an outfit that falls in the T.D.F. file.

Anyway, as I was walking around with my arms filled with all cream colored tops, I started to notice something. In addition to the fact that I've picked out probably 8 shirts ALL cream colored, I'm drawn to all things ruffled.

And then it hit me, in pure ZOE style...I love me a ruffle!!

So here's what I narrowed down that I liked the most...
Ok give me a break...I live in Florida, where it RARELY drops below 70 degrees. We dress in layers around here and by layers I mean tanks and cardigans. SO when I saw this cutie, I started to get excited. I see a cute jeans and gold accessories outfit in the works!!
And because I absolutely refuse to sacrifice cuteness for Saturday trips to Publix (**we've all seen the movies and you have to understand how the men are here...they LOVE to pick up a girl at the most inopportune time. Im serious, come visit me, you will be extremely surprised. And truthfully, there is really a Publix here that is affectionately known as "Club Publix" because you NEVER see anyone there that couldn't be headed out right afterwards.).





And the winner for most unflattering in pictures and on the hanger but TDF when worn is this guy. I promise you when I tell you this, I loved this top as soon as tried it on. So, for all you coworkers of mine, you're welcome...my collection of white/creme tops has a new friend!! Don't judge, seriously its precious.



2 comments:

The Cobbs said...

I love them too! Seriously! :) And, I love to read your blog! You always make me laugh!! :)

Sara Caldwell said...

I got a seriously cute and cheap black ruffle cardie (yes i am using the term cardie, like the old navy party cardie!)at New York and Company.
http://www.nyandcompany.com/nyco/browse/productDetailWithPicker.jsp?FLCat=cat60036&productId=prod1740096&categoryId=cat60038&addFacet=1002%3Acat6003