Wednesday, November 18, 2009

I'm Not Getting Paid for this...

Since MDA has a nation wide furlough next week, our office has decided to get in the Thanksgiving spirit a smidge early. Several people are in "I haven't used my vacation days yet, so I need to take some time off" mode, so they're cashing in tomorrow and Friday. Personally, I have 5 days starring at me that I just continue to ignore. I'm sure that's not the smartest thing to do, but quite honestly, I can't enjoy a day off when I know what faces me when I return...unreal amounts of work. Its just not worth it in my book. Isn't there a payoff for hard work anyway??

So, our original plan was to have a traditional Thanksgiving meal for lunch. I consulted Publix's deli, which offer a very impressive spread of Thanksgiving dishes at SUPER reasonable prices, and had it all planned out. One problem, we have NO microwave at the office for the moment so that plan went out the window.

Plan B. Its looking like a Chilis (GROSS) lunch for us. I'll be having this...
Hey, nothing says Happy Thanksgiving, like a salad with shrimp!! I'm sure the indians and pilgrims would have chosen the exact same meal if they had the choice.
I was expecting something more along the lines of this. But I guess I can make up for it when I go home.

And Mom, I really wouldn't be hurt if you had a spread like this for us while we wait on the meal to be finished.


And you could add this in there as well.
Stay tuned for my Thanksgiving travels (not like anyone really cares). My mom and sister and I are going to some unheard of island off of South Carolina. Its about an hour away from Charleston and hour away from Savanahh. I'm going to see if I can con Dad into letting me borrow his camera because I cannot wait to go to these two incredible places filled when TONS of beautiful things!!
I guess a week of furlough isn't that bad. Just don't be expecting fancy gifts this year. I'm already working on mixed CD's. You're welcome!



No comments: