Monday, November 30, 2009

Eye Opener...

Its 7:30 pm after a LONG day back at work from a weeklong vacay. I'm tired, its raining, and the computer is parked on my lap. Madison is cranky for some reason and Hudson didn't get the memo...even after she bit him for annoying her. Its a Monday, no doubt about it!!

I'm just doing my usual "home from work" routine and checking up on the blog world to see what everyone is up to today. And of course, I find myself clicking on blogs that belong to strangers. Lots of pictures of gorgeous homes, precious outfits and irresistably cute babies to see. And then I came across another blog that REALLY kinda freaked me out a bit.

I started reading her post and I was eerily reading my EXACT thoughts. I kept reading on and actually read to the beginning of her blog because I was quite intrigued. Is she me?? Seriously?? No, we have our differences, but the girl seems to be in the exact same place in life and going through the same ups and downs as me. She sees like the same as I do and the way she writes just captivated me because I just felt like, OH MY GOSH I UNDERSTAND...I FEEL THE SAME WAY!!

I'll keep her identity anonymous for several reasons...1. I don't even know her full name 2. I definitely don't know her & 3. She has NO clue who I am.

But today, she wrote this. (**Sidenote: for any of you who know her, please don't tell her some freak is obsessed with her. I just really enjoyed her blog...that is all!!)

"Although I do have a good job that I enjoy most days, I am newly single, no kids, renting an apartment, have a lame excuse for a social life, and live in a world that is NOT always easy. By society's standards, this past year has been laced with ups and downs, overwhelming joys and disappointing hardships, some good moments yet many mistakes."

WHOA

I was freaked out to say the least, because every single word in that sentence just resonates with me. I hear ya girl. I know that feeling!! I started thinking to myself, someone else feels the same way I do. Someone else is facing the same challenges that I am. Someone else knows the heartache of losing something you can't replace. Someone else knows the difficulty in starting over.

I'm not alone in this!! I cannot tell you how comforting this was to read this. Not that I'm some wierdo who wishes others to suffer so I'm not the only one, but because I realized that there are so many other stories floating around out there that are just like mine. And these stories aren't over...

"But God had a different plan. I don't admit to being easily swayed by the Lord. In fact, it has been pretty darn hard. I struggle with this plan for my life. I don't love not knowing the next step. But He gives me grace. My God moves me to walk blindly by faith. He shows me over and over and over again that He is Enough. If I have nothing....honestly NOTHING else, my Lord is enough. Oh the joy that brings my weary heart!"

She couldn't have said it any better. And I couldn't have been reminded any better of the Lord's faithfulness. He gives me strength and encouragement, even when I didn't think I needed a heavier dose today.

Just another "FLASHING LIGHT" moment...

No comments: