Tuesday, November 10, 2009

What Faith Can Do

Its very easy to just blog about fun stuff. But the reality of life is that its not always just pretty things. So, its my goal to insert a post like this one every now and then just to snap back into reality.

The past 4 months have been a challenge for me, for lack of a better word. I've been taking life one day at a time trying to re-aquaint myself with ME. I've had to slowly pick up the pieces and make a new life for myself. I don't want to re-live the story, but for you newbies, I'm referring to my past relationship. Now I live in a town that I know VERY few people and I've found myself working WAY too much. For a while there, I forgot how to even have fun. Its almost as though I would punish myself if I did.

Thankfully, I'm moving on and figuring out things. A lot of this is thanks to the radio. Yeh, I said it. Hold tight because I can explain.

There is an INCREDIBLE contemporary christian station here in Tallahassee. Its actually broadcast nationwide from somewhere else. Every morning I listen to this station as I get ready, and I must admit, it is the PERFECT start to any day. K-Love 's motto is Positive & Encouraging...and they stick to that playing the most incredible music ever.

The other day as I was getting ready, I heard this song. I've heard it several times before, but for some reason, this time it just really hit me. I've always listened to music for the lyrics and this song just got me.

Kutless - What Faith Can Do

"Everybody falls sometimes
Gotta find the strength to rise
From the ashes and make a new beginning
Anyone can feel the ache
You think it’s more than you can take
But you are stronger, stronger than you know
Don’t you give up now
The sun will soon be shining
You gotta face the clouds
To find the silver lining

I’ve seen dreams that move the mountains
Hope that doesn’t ever end
Even when the sky is falling
And I’ve seen miracles just happen
Silent prayers get answered
Broken hearts become brand new
That’s what faith can do
It doesn’t matter what you’ve heard
Impossible is not a word
It’s just a reason for someone not to try
Everybody’s scared to death
When they decide to take that step out on the water
It’ll be alright
Life is so much more than what your eyes are seeing
You will find your way
If you keep believing
When the world says you can’t
It’ll tell you that you can!
Even if you fall sometimes
You will have the strength to rise."

Life's not always perfect. We live in a terrible world where children go missing, people are killed, people are selfish and so many more horrible things happen every second. Its so very easy to think that you're the only one facing a hard time. I know I've been guilty of this. I follow all these blogs with picture perfect families, picture perfect relationships, picture perfect homes, picture perfect EVERYTHING. And then I look at my relationships and my life and think, "what am I doing wrong??" The truth is, we're all doing something wrong...because we all make mistakes daily. But my circumstances aren't a punishment. They are simply circumstances. And this goes for everyone.

You can't grow without having growing pains and you can't grow as a person without life's ups and downs. We all have ups and downs. It may seem like some are usually in the ups, but the truth is, they are just better at disguising their heartaches.

I know this to be true because if this song is in the top 10, theres a reason for it. The reason is because it applies to EACH of us.

I just happen to be at the down point moving towards the up.

Today, my mom and I were on the way to visit a Church and she said to me, "Rachel, you never know what's waiting around the corner." This was in her usual random style, but it is completely true. If you had told me this time last year that I would have followed a boy and moved to a place where I know barely anyone and would no longer be with him and starting over...I would have laughed and said, "you're crazy."

But isn't this true for all of us. I told my mom, "I know, its like that every year." Think about it, this time last year, did you anticipate your life to be the way it is now? Probably not. The reason for this is that we have plans for ourselves that are always flawed. Fortunately for us, we are made by the most incredible Creator who knows the best for us. He plans out the perfect plan for us and eventually we realize that His way is far better than our own.

This is where faith comes in. Pure, raw, non-logical, blind faith. When you have to say, I don't understand why things are like this, but I trust they are for a perfect reason.

So that's what I'm doing...walking blindly. Not questioning. Going along for the ride. Continuing the journey, knowing that something IS around the corner waiting on me.








No comments: