Saturday, April 5, 2008

Rainy Saturday

Cloudy. Rainy. Nasty. Its one of those days that you just want to stay in bed all day and wake up with sunshine and a perfect breeze. Normally, I would hate today, but today is different. Its almost perfect. Its one in the afternoon and I'm still in my pj's and watching all of my favorite movies with Mary Kate. Its ALMOST like old times...just missing one girl and one chihuahua. Although, she's almost here. Swankystork (Abby's work screename...and no she's not preggers, she just works at a maternity store) and I have been having a nice little instant messenger chat and its almost like shes sitting on the other end of the couch, addressing wedding invitations with Hamp curled up next to her or most likely sitting in MK's lap. Its a sad feeling sort of, because Im realizing (slowly but surely) that those days are long gone. We used to always think of ways for us to all be in the same city and share an apartment again. "Girl, just move up here. We'll get an apartment or a house and then the dogs can play again and it will be just like old times." And now we dont have conversations like this. All this to say that change is good but hard at times. I feel like every major aspect of my life is like this now. Im constantly having to realize that life as I know it is changing.

As for now, some things are still the same. Girl is passed out asleep and when I asked her if she was asleep I got the usual, "NO IM NOT ASLEEP!!!!!"

Seriously, its time I get a life. Its time to branch out!!

No comments: