Monday, January 26, 2009

A few Random Thoughts

I've been told I have the attention span of a six year old. So this post should serve to prove just that observation. I have a few things I've been thinking about recently and thought I'ld share.

For starters: I need a GPS desperately! I cannot even begin to explain how many times in the past few weeks I have found myself yelling at the mapquest print out on the side of a highway in Middle of Nowhere, Georgia. Seriously. I dont know how we all traveled before the little gems aka Garmin's were invented. I always thought that Mapquest was a reliable source. Not so my friend! Please get a visual of me today...I'm pulled off the highway somewhere in Georgia. Across the road is a roadkill boar or something like that, and I have ZERO cell phone reception...with 2 different wireless providers! I'm 30 minutes late for an appointment and the directions I printed out this morning are doing me NO good! I find a gas station and ask, "Excuse me, can you tell me how to get to Adel?" The scary woman (?) looks at me with a blank stare and informs me that she's never heard of the place. Great. And this happens at least once a week. I've somehow been on the phone with my mom each time so I'm hoping she takes sympathy on me and has a GPS waiting on me when I come home this weekend. Yeh probably not.

Speaking of coming home...Ry and I are heading up north on Friday to go visit the family and go to another wedding shower. And most importantly....pick up MADISON!!! The dogs have been staying at the Machen compound since I moved in my mother's desperate attempt to keep them for herself. The deal was that I had to get settled in with EVERYTHING and raise the steep pet deposit on my own. Sorry Carol, but that checklist is complete and I am on the way to get my Bubba Craze!! Little Lexington will stay with them. Quite frankly, the dog is too pathetic now for my taste. Mom bought her a baby sling to wear around the house. I will get a picture and share asap!

This leads me to my next thought...since I'm giving them Lexie, my parents are going to get me another pup in exchange for their child- i mean dog. Its scary how attached they are to her! But now I'm starting my search for a companion for Maddie. I really want to avoid the puppy stage if at all possible. I'm also up for a few suggestions for different small breeds. I do love yorkies, but I want a good match for Madison. So, if you know of anyone who has a small dog who needs a good home, please share!

And another random thought: This sunday is superbowl sunday (duh). And guess who's house was volunteered (unbeknownst to the owner) to host the SuperBowl party. Oh yes, its this girl. Thanks to Ryan, my house has now been designated as the official party spot. Unfortunately, we will have to rush home from Montgomery, so I won't have time to clean. That means Thursday night will be tortuous. Probably not, I'm very OCD these days, so its fair to say that pretty much at any point in time, I could have people over and not have to prepare.

One last thought: Ryan and I are on the search for a new church home. We both want to form strong Christian friendships. He has a church home here that we go to, but its totally not me. And we want to find one that fits BOTH of us. So please pray for us...we have completely opposite desires for the type of church we join. He wants contemporary, I want traditional with maybe some contemporary in the mix. I want a Sunday School...He wants the place to have a coffee bar like his church has. Finding a church home is a very important decision a couple makes together, and I just pray that this is something that will bring joy not arguments!

For now, I'm out. But stay posted for some pictures of my mother with Lexie in a baby sling. She has lost it. She needs grandkids...BAD. Oh but she will have to wait quite a while!!

No comments: