Saturday, January 17, 2009

Well I don't have any pictures to share, mostly because my camera has been out in my car with a DEAD battery. I keep trying to remember to get it out, but that's quite the challenge these days. I'm quite the busy girl now. Busier than I have EVER been in my life...EVER! With my last job at The Advertiser, I stayed busy, or so I thought. But come 5 pm, I was OUT of the building...every day! And now, I cannot tell you when the last time I left on time was. I live, breathe and sleep MDA these days. Mulit-tasking has a whole new meaning to me now. But even though I want to pull out my hair sometimes with the stress, I absolutely LOVE the challenge! I have NEVER been so challenged in my life to strive for complete perfection. At MDA, we have to make the absolute most of our time. There has never been a moment that I have sat at my desk saying, what can I do now? Its quite the opposite. My day starts at usually 9 with PILES of things to accomplish for the day. Hundreds of phone calls to make, hundreds of emails, hundreds of forms, tons of trips back and forth to the copy room, conference calls, meetings, marketing to our sponsors, and the list goes on and on and on! But every morning when I turn on my computer and get the morning batch of about 40 emails to go through I prepare myself for the race all over! Our Regional Director in Jacksonville is actually who I interviewed with back in October. Had I known how powerful and hardworking and respected she is back then, I would have been absolutely TERRIFIED!! Every morning I have probably 15 emails in my inbox from her, coming at ALL times of night. And when I see her intense dedication to perfection, I desperately want to be that way. Yes folks, I am no longer the slacker I was in College. I don't really know when or how it happened, but somehow MDA has pulled out a brand new girl from deep within. A girl who is now SUPER competitive, very very driven, willing to come in early, stay late and even work on weekends.

And now that I have finally found the career that motivates me and drives me towards perfection, I think I'm finally starting to settle into who I am as an adult. I know its sappy, but its true. Before, I always wondered who I really was. I was always waiting on my life to start, and the truth is, it already had. But in my book, it hadn't because I had a lot of things on my list yet to be accomplished. But now, my checklist is starting to get smaller and a new one is being made on the side.

Old list: find a career I'm passionate about (check), find a man to spend my life with (CHECK), live COMPLETELY on my own (CHECK), move somewhere new and have to meet a whole new set of people (check).

New List: keep climbing the career ladder, be completely comfortable in this new town, say "I do" to my sweet boy :)

Enough of all of that! I have to go clean my house because Ryan's parents are in town and I'm sure a surprise visit will be made!

No comments: