Wednesday, January 21, 2009

I have a busy day on the road, traveling all across Southern Georgia. I have to take lots and lots of pictures today for work, so I figured I would actually get the camera out of the car and charge the battery.

This past weekend, I had quite a bit of spare time to myself, which is a rarity these days. I had enough time to be at home and realize I still have that, "I just moved in" look to my house. Nothing has been hung, barely anything decorative has been unpacked, and quite frankly, this was the first time I even noticed!

So, with VERY LITTLE cash to spare, I set out Saturday afternoon to try to fix this problem. I just have to comment on the TJ Maxx here. It is FABULOUS! I have yet to be disappointed and I've ventured in there quite a few times :) !! The other day when Ryan came over and saw all my new stuff, he was suspicious at first and said, "HOW MUCH MONEY DID YOU SPEND!?!?!" (We're both on strict budgets and have been holding each other accountable. Gotta start saving for a house for the future!) I told him I got everything for under $60 and he just started laughing. Seriously. So I explained that it all came from TJ Maxx. He went on and on about how he didn't think that I am a TJ Maxx girl. "You're so spoi...I mean picky, I just wouldn't think you would shop there." Well you just said a mouthful there mister!! No, I don't shop for clothes there, simply because I don't have the patience to sort through everything. I have friends who always look like a million bucks with clothes from there, but I never have such luck. Now housewares...different story! I LOVE digging through piles of junk to find great bargains! And I've had to start limiting myself to only going when I have a certain item I'm looking for. In the past, I would just go out of boredom and end up buying a bunch of things I really didn't need.

ANYWAY....

I thought I would share some of my finds! Im on the way to making this house look like a home...slowly but surely!

New pillow for my bed.
Im going through a phase where I like the bold modern prints. I'm sure I'll be over these in a few months, but for now...I LOVE THEM!

A few new additions to my living room.
I wanted some form of life in there, so in came the ivy plant that has been freezing on the porch.
I got new pillows for the sofa and did some rearranging of a few things.
Looking at this, I now realize I need a rug for under the coffee table.

This little thing was quite the score at TJMaxx.
Found in the clearance section for $4 (including the pinecone mix!) I just couldn't pass it up!



Im still working on the fireplace.
The candles wont stay straight, but I love them so Im looking for a way to fix them!
And the wood...
A few weeks ago I mentioned how I told Ryan I wanted to build a fire. Nothing happened. Then one day last week, the boy showed up with 2 armfuls of chopped wood.
What a sweet surprise!
We had a fire and talked with the tv OFF!!
Cheap Romance...gotta love it!



And I couldn't resist.
The closet.
My unorganized disaster didn't last too long.
One night I literally woke up at 2 am with this burning desire to get that thing back in shape. I threw everything out and started from scratch.
Everything is now color coded and organized from sleeveless-shortsleeves-3/4 sleeve-long sleeves- sweaters.
Its pretty gross how OCD I am sometimes!




And the pants are all organized by color and style.
Getting ready in the mornings is SO much easier now!!






No comments: