Thursday, November 13, 2008

Add this one to my list

So, I've been known to say some stupid things here and there.

I've let a few embarassinginly stupid questions cross my lips a time or two.

And I've kinda become known for all this...to the point where there is a running list that is usually updated AT LEAST once a week!

BUT...

I don't think I've ever done ANYTHING more stupid than this.

Prepare yourself to say, "Wow" and roll your eyes at me...I deserve it!! :)

It was this past Monday and we all know how Mondays are. I hadn't quite gotten into the groove of the week and quite frankly I was tired from my weekend of laziness.

But this is no excuse.

I came back to the office around 4 pm and was freakishly thirsty.

Simple Solution: hit up the coke machine.

Im digging through my bag searching for change to get that Diet Sunkist I was dying to have.

And so, I came up with the change.

But much to my disappointment, the stupid machine wouldn't give me my drink.

I walk back to my desk and am just ticked off at this point.

I start fussing about how all I wanted was something to drink and I am so sick and tired of working for a bootleg company who can't even provide a decent coke machine.

Someone asked me what happened, so I explained.

"The stupid thing wouldn't take my pennies. All I need is ten cents, but NOOOO that POS is gonna be cranky and deny me my sunkist"

YEH YOU IDIOT....

Thats because vending machines dont take pennies.

NOTHING takes pennies!

Everyone was on the floor laughing at my stupidity, but at this point I'm convinced I'm not the only moron who has lived 24 years without knowing this.

So I send Ryan a text explaining to him how my whole office is laughing at me because I didnt know that coke machines dont take pennies.

I was banking on him not knowing this either.

A few hours later, I get this response from him.

"Sorry I've been at training with the team. So did you send me this text to make fun of you? By the way, everyone is laughing about this now!"

GREAT!

As if that group of crack heads (aka all the tri-athletes) didnt have enough to joke on me about.

Lets add stupid to my list of endearing qualities that they don't understand what he sees in me.

NEAT.

Everyone got some great laughs out of it and I guess I'm glad to provide the entertainment.

No comments: