Tuesday, November 18, 2008

I wish I had some decent pictures to share from this weekend, but sadly I don't. We had a long weekend and I must say it was quite nice to not do ONE BIT of work!

Friday night, Ryan and I went to Crockmiers. I've never been there and always heard great things about it so I decided to give it a shot. Besides being surrounded by tables of screaming kids, it was a nice dinner. (** Who brings kids to nice restaurants like this on Friday nights? This is a date spot people...if you can afford to eat here, you can afford a babysitter. I'm just saying. )

AND THEN...

Please be jealous...

We went to see Charlotte's Web at ASF on Saturday.

Yes, you read correctly.

This has been in the works since the first weekend I met the Nelsons. So this has been a long anticipated/dreaded??!?! event. We had some good laughs walking in as we walked through lines of five year olds. I had another one of my stupid moments, that I won't be sharing considering that a five year outsmarted me. And the best moment of all was at the end when the actors were taking their bows. Ryan is dying out laughing...were talking belly laugh at this point. I lean over and ask him what is so funny and his response was, "that we're here." Which was quickly followed by the lead actress tripping and busting on stage. This was it for him. He busted out laughing to the point where I had to hit him. Great memory.

Then we did the whole parents meet each other at dinner at our house thing. A few awkward moments. Let's be honest. How many people can claim the first meeting of the parents was the best time of their lives?? But everything went well and hopefully all the first impressions were good.

I took yesterday off to spend an extra day with the little five year old stuck in a 24 year olds body. And much to my surprise he stayed an extra night. I was beginning to be spoiled there. Almost to the point where I was starting to need some time to myself. I've never gotten to that point yet, probably because its usually 2 or 3 days MAX that we get to spend together all separated by the week.

All in all, a great weekend.

No comments: