Tuesday, November 4, 2008

I've discovered something amazing...

If I weren't already a Starbucks addict (averaging around $40/week ), I've found a way to add to my problem.

And no I don't mean joining a support group.

The Starbucks Gold Card.

Taken straight from www.starbucksgold.com:

"Starbucks Gold is for those of you we see every day. You're our heart and soul. You're the ones who keep us going. Join for an annual membership fee of $25 and receive:
10% off most purchases in participating U.S. Starbucks stores *
A free drink when you purchase your membership in-store
Option to pay however you’d like (cash, credit card, etc.)
Then when you register, you'll unlock additional value:
A free beverage on your birthday
Exclusive offers and discounts throughout the year
Free Wi-Fi access for up to 2 hours each day in participating Starbucks stores"

When I popped into what we affectionately refer to as "the green church" today to get my free coffee for voting (**which actually resulted into my usual grande non-fat 2 equal latte...NOT FREE), I found this amazing new discovery.

Its sad how I got so excited about this, I know.

But to be honest, I'm by NO MEANS the worst addict.

There are a few in the Tallahassee crew (aaahheem....Heidi and Jamey), who frequent the green church more than me. And I will continue to blame all of them for contributing to my problem.

You know its bad when you go to Starbucks 3 times in one day

You know its bad when you walk in the door and they know your name.

Its even worse when you don't have to order, you just hand over your card and a few minutes later, your drink magically appears.

You know its bad when you're sitting outside the green church, talking with family, and a Starbucks employee, who is leaving to go home, comes and has a nice chat with the group.

I could go on and on but I wont bore you too much.

No comments: