Monday, November 24, 2008

BIG NEWS!!

Well its official now!!

I'm packing up all my things and moving to Tallahassee.

I've kept this quiet for quite some time because I've been interviewing for this one job all this time.

I guess I should wait until I turn in the two weeks notice to my current job before I post this, but really, what are a few hours??

I am absolutely amazed at the way the Lord has worked in my life in the past 6 months. Now looking back, I see how His timing is perfect.

If you had told me six months ago that I would have fallen for someone in Florida I would have said you're absolutley crazy.

If you had told me that I would move to Florida to be in the same town as him, I would have said you're on drugs.

And now, after MANY months of wondering if my life would ever fall into place like everyone else I know, I'm starting to see the light.

Let me back up.

From the very beginning, I knew that Ryan was not just some guy I would date. It was and IMMEDIATE connection (** and I was always told this would happen by a lot of friends, but I never believed them).

It was only a matter of weeks until we both started talking about SOMEHOW finding a way for us to be in the same town.

Weeks went by without much hope, and believe me, there were many low points. Times when I thought that we just weren't meant to be in the same place.

MANY miles and hours were spent on the road, visiting each other on the weekends, and each time got harder and harder to leave.

BUT...

About two months ago, I reached a breaking point with my job and I decided it was time to start applying for a new job. As much as everyone thinks I started looking for a new job because I wanted to move to Tallahassee, I hate to say there was more involved.

I was dreading going to work everyday. I was ALWAYS stressed out and Monday - Friday, I wasn't happy until 5pm. So I decided, SOMETHING'S GOTTA GIVE.

I started applying for jobs and the wierdest thing happened.

I applied for one position and literally my phone rang no more than 2 hours later.

Things went really fast from there.

An hour long phone interview, followed by a trip to Jacksonville, FL for another interview with the regional director.

I was convinced I had the job...almost leased an apartment.

But, nothing happened.

Weeks went by and I heard NOTHING.

All along, I completely gave up my anxiety for this job. I prayed and prayed for God's will to be done.

So after not hearing anything, I simply took that as a sign that its not the right fit for me.

Fast forward to last tuesday.

I get a call asking if Im still interested in the position.

"OF COURSE I AM!!" aaaheeem, i mean, "Yes, I am."

So the in person interview with the local branch was set for Saturday afternoon and voila...this girl is a new hire!

I will be an event and healthcare coordinator for the Tallahassee branch of the Muscular Dystrophy Association.

I cannot explain how happy I am to be escaping the evil corporate America I've been enslaved to since May 12.

To work and know that you are doing something good for others, it just makes me smile.

So...now starts the whirlwind of business.

I have NOWHERE to live, NO idea of when and how to move.

So, life should be exciting for me the next few weeks!

No comments: