Saturday, March 28, 2009

Ahhh I've been busy ever since I got back and haven't had time to do a new post. I expected to be slammed with work, so this is no surprise to me. Work is just that...work. And i've been exhausted all week long.

Tuesday night we went to our favorite spot Chez Pierre for dinner with friends. Wednesday night we had a cookout wth the same friends and then Thursday night I had to stay late at work to help put together kits for an upcoming fundraiser.

So by the time that Friday came, I said ENOUGH! Last night, Ry and I stayed in and cooked dinner, which was delicious if I must say so myself. We splurged and got some shrimp and made a garlic-shrimp pasta dish. I HATE recipes which is part of the reason I don't get into cooking. I'm a throw a bunch of things in a pan type of cook. The other reason I don't like cooking is because I can never decide what to make. Going to the grocery store is a challenge in itself to me! I always end up walking out with the same thing, nothing that will add up to a meal. Maybe this is why I eat cereal twice a day!

This morning Ry had a 7 mile race he ran in...I did NOT. I slept in and have been super lazy all day. Well, my idea of lazy is a little different that others(ahmmmm DECK!!?!?). I've given myself a personal day filled with trips to places like TJMAXX and Tuesday Morning. I'm starting to get the itch to decorate again. And since I'm on a budget, I have to go to places like this. BUT, I'm not gonna lie...I've found a bunch of amazing things there! I bought a rug for my living room and some pear paintings (**pictures on the way). Now, I'm really on the hunt for some great looking but inexpensive window treatments for the living room. I've read a lot of blogs with some great ideas for this. I guess I ought to trek it down to the fabric store and see if I can find a nice sale! Now I just have to learn to sew.

Hope yall are having a great weekend!!

No comments: