Sunday, March 1, 2009

A little Destin getaway...

It's been short, but sweet. Our weekend getaway to Destin is JUST what we needed! Life in Tallahassee has been very crazy the past few weeks. So, this weekend is exactly what the doctor prescribed!!


Originally, we were going to Destin because Ryan was going to run in the half marathon this weekend. BUT when we woke up this morning and it was 38 degrees and 20mph winds, he changed his mind oh so quickly. I was not upset ONE BIT!!


Yesterday, we spent the majority of the day in the car. We took Madison with us and she was a good little car dog for the day.

We decided to pop over to Seaside to map out the race, really and truly just an excuse for me to go to my favorite part of Florida...the Grayton Beach/Seaside/Rosemary Beach area. We spent a good bit of time just driving around looking at houses...dreaming!

Had a REALLY tough time finding a beach where dogs are allowed. It made it quite the challenge because Madison was getting quite anxious in the car. Poor little girl!

So we stopped in Rosemary Beach and took a fun walk around the town. She LOVED all of the attention and the weather was nice. Although it was kind of gloomy and overcast, I had my jeans rolled up and a shortsleeve shirt on. I cant complain too much!
And then we stopped here!!!



If you haven't been to Harbor Docks, you are REALLY missing out! I have NEVER had better sushi than this. Our sushi chef talked with us and asked us what we like/dislike. Then he told us what was the freshest and best fish he had and we let him have free reign. We were fighting over it ...it was that amazing!! We went here for Ryan's birthday back in August, so it holds a special place in my heart.


Now we're back in TLH and things are back to normal. Sunday afternoon...Ryan playing basketball...Maddie girl and me cleaning the apartment.
Hope yall had a good weekend!
My countdown to Aruba has officially begun...only 2 weeks TODAY!




No comments: