Monday, March 2, 2009

I had a War Eagle Moment!!

So I need to share this story. Bear with me...its tough being an Auburn fan in a sea of FSU and UF fans!


Yesterday I picked Ryan up from basketball and we went to do our usual Sunday night grocery shopping at Publix. I've really grown to love that place. At first I hated it because I was a Kroger girl in my college days...100%! But this is all Florida has, so I've learned to love it.


Moving on to the story. We were getting out of the car and it was FREEZING! This truck pulls up and I noticed a window was rolled down. I'm thinking this person must be crazy. It was 32 Degrees and wind strong enough to chap my face in the time it took to walk into the store. The truck pulled up next to me as I'm walking in the parking lot and this little girl sticks her head out the window and yelled "WAR EAGLE!!!" at the top of her lungs!! I of course said it right back and we both smiled. I'm still waiting on Ryan and the truck moved up in line a little bit. I told him what happened and he looked at me with a fake smile and said something like, "ahh thats cool." He totally doesnt get it. We walked past the truck and the dad rolled down his window and said it again and I noticed his Auburn alum sticker. I told him war eagle and he said, "its good to know theres people like you here." I told him I agreed!




So my day was completely made right then and there! We bought our groceries...splurged a bit and got food for a super fancy meal that we cooked together last night. I came home and got online only to see pictures of Samford Hall covered with snow. I got a little sentimental. I really do miss that place!!
Happy Monday!

No comments: