Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Something strange just happened.

Let me back up a bit.

Last week we couldn't find Madison's leash so we had to take her outside with toys to bribe her from running off. It always worked unless a cat came into sight and that was it. There were 2 or 3 times she just took off after the cat and the last time I finally got her, my neighbor was waiting on the stairs with her dog as I was walking back, holding Maddie, scolding her.

I apologized and said, "sorry we've lost our leash so we have to stick to bribes until we can find it."

She responded nicely, but now I'm starting to wonder if it was condescending, with: "oh we have lots of leashes should you need one."

I went inside and didn't think anything about it.

Fast forward two days later. This morning I took Maddie out (on the leash...it was in the car go figure) and on the railing outside my door was a 6ft hot pink leash. Obviously this is her way of saying, keep your crazy dog on a leash.

I'm a smidge disturbed though. Why wouldn't she just knock on my door? And now that I've found our leash, I have no need for it. So I guess it will just stay there until she takes it back.

VERY STRANGE.

This woman is very strange too. I guess I'm just used to the Southern way where someone would bring that over as an excuse to come to your place and politely say, hey get it together.

No comments: