Monday, March 16, 2009

Greetings from Aruba! We got in yesterday afternoon and are having a BLAST!! Unfortunately, Ryan wasn't able to come because of work, so its just the four of us here. Today Sarah and I sat by the pool all day working on our tans and I must say, I no longer look like I've been sleeping in a coffin for a few years! The resort we're staying at is INCREDIBLE...complete with a lazy river and swim in bar...what more could we ask for??


**Sorry these pictures are out of order, I cant figure out Blogger...STILL



For dinner, we went to a restaurant that brings out your food on an incredibly hot stone and you cook it right there. Mom and Dad have raved about this place and I've always been suspicious, but it was pretty cool. The night was complete with a stray cat that came to our table and mom fed it steak and shrimp. Some things never change.
Here's me and the Deckster

I know its ridiculous but we're making fun of that movie, Forgetting Sarah Marshall. There's a scene where an Asian tourist couple are taking pictures at dinner doing EXACTLY what we're doing in this picture. Classic.


And this guy was found under the chair next to me today. Sounds disgusting and scary but they're tame and leave people alone. They're EVERYWHERE!

I took this last night when we got to the beach for the first time. Dont worry...there will be plenty more pictures to come!
Tomorrow night, Sarah and I are celebrating St. Patricks Day in true Aruban style...riding on the party bus. Now, some of you may remember, my mom has a thing for this party bus. Several years ago, when Mom had surgery, they had recently gone to Aruba. As she was coming to from the anesthisia, all she could talk about was this party bus. The preacher is in the hospital room with the family and it was a VERY scary time for all of us and all the woman could do is rave about the party bus. She was loopy and drugged up and quite frankly, it made us all laugh! The party bus is basically a bar crawl. It takes you around town and you get to be loud and obnoxious as you ride from bar to bar. Believe it or not, my parents are buying Sarah's and my tickets for it.
More Aruban fun stories to come...I'm sure tomorrow will provide plenty!





No comments: