Thursday, June 24, 2010

Catch Up...

I'm really surprised by the lack of hate emails over the fact that I haven't blogged in over two weeks. Please do forgive me. I have VERY limited internet access these days {currently I'm sitting in quite the posh condo business center playing some MAJOR catch up!}.

So, I'll be brief and try to catch things up to speed.

Let me see. Work. Is AWESOME!!! I was just completely overwhelmed by the warm southern welcome I received from LOTS of my fellow co-workers. I dove right in and put my event planning skills to work {although I had to make some adjustments...National Sales Meetings don't function exactly the same way that a fundraiser does}. I'm still finding myself trying to break free of the non-profit habits I have. When I got the assignment to coordinate the National Sales Meeting for all of our Sales Department, immediately, the wheels in my head started spinning. I asked, "what is our budget??" And I was SHOCKED when I heard, "budget?
Nothing less than 4 stars." "Ummmm I'm not sure how I'm going to get that donated!!" OH wait!! There is NO need for that! Anyway, the meeting has come and gone and went off without a hitch. Loved every stinking second of it.

Life Outside of Work. I've officially been a resident of Atlanta for one week today. The movers showed up with a HUGE truck full of my things. We worked for about 7 hours moving everything and I spent all weekend in what looked like a war zone. Fortunately, by Sunday night, I actually had put everything away and now it looks like someone lives here! I LOVE my new place. If I could find my nice camera, I would take pictures and post, but that is like finding a needle in a haystack. One piece at a time right now.

We're going to have to put up with my photo-less posts for just a while until I can get internet in my house. Moving is astronomically expensive, so I'm just going to have to save my pennies for about 2 weeks. LOVE IT.

I've missed you blog world...never to abandon you!!!

1 comment:

Megan McKenzie said...

yay for an update. you have been missed.