Monday, June 7, 2010

Fix You...

Just two weeks ago today, this is how I felt.

"When you try your best, but you don't succeed
When you get what you want, but not what you need
When you feel so tired, but you can't sleep
Stuck in reverse

And the tears come streaming down your face
When you lose something you can't replace
When you love someone, but it goes to waste
Could it be worse?

Lights will guide you home
And ignite your bones
And I will try to fix you

And high up above or down below
When you're too in love to let it go
But if you never try you'll never know
Just what you're worth"
Coldplay


And I started feeling this really strong calling to call it quits with my love affair aka my job at MDA. It made absolutely no sense. I mean, WHO quits a job they love without anything lined up? Seriously.

But I just kept trusting in a very faithful Father whose commands made no sense, but were guaranteed to be perfect. He has graciously kept me calm cool and collected all this time. And if you know me, THAT is a miracle in itself. I haven't worried one time. I've used the past week to...get this...relax. I know...a foreign idea to us go getters.

Well. The promise was a good one. Because in just two days, I'll be living here...

That's correct. I'm moving to my lifelong dream city...Atlanta. Things are crazy now. I've got A LOT to do in VERY little time. But, again, if you know me...this just gets me going!! Oh I love a challenge in a time crunch!! So, send your prayers my way...I'll need them!

A little sidenote: thankyou to all of you for your sweet words of encouragement throughout this past month. I'm forever endebted to each of you! God is so incredibly good. He's been working in me this past year and I'm just thrilled to see where He's taking me from here. All credit to Him. This was not my doing one bit!

1 comment:

Sara Caldwell said...

Holy Toledo! Congrats! I can't wait to visit!