Sunday, December 12, 2010

Make a house a home...

My parents ended their tropical vacation with a pit stop at my house. There's nothing like having houseguests to help you realize that you are really missing some of the personal touches that make a house a home. And while my house is my home, I want a BUNCH of accessories to make it feel 100% lived in. Here is what I have my eye on...

I would like EVERYTHING in this picture. The Parsons table {DELISH}, the little bar set up, the painting in the background {PUUUUH-LEASE!!!!} and the basket full of yummy blankets to cuddle up in.
I think little personal touches for guests go a REALLY long way. Little welcome gifts in a guest room will add that extra, "Welcome to my home, I'm glad you're here." And I seriously LOVE the simplicity of the packaging for this one. Stay tuned to see how I wrap Christmas gifts this year {hint hint}.
Someone please tell me where I can find shelves like this that won't completely break the budget. Shelves are an INSTANT way to make a home feel lived in. Styling a set of bookshelves shows your personality and gives a lot of focal points for your guests to get an insider view of your life.
Anyone else watch the show, Giuliana and Bill? In their Chicago apartment, they have pillows with their initials on their sofa. While I am SO not a fan of the initial trend, I think these are quirky and fun. Random letters will make it even more interesting if you ask me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

http://www.jonathanadler.com/Letter-pillow/?cat=568&initial=5318