Sunday, December 5, 2010

More Practical...

As much as I would like to wake up December 25 to know that my closet has been re-stocked full of clothes and accessories that will make me forget about all the ones I already have, I know that it is crunch time in the Machen Household. So that translates into: time for practicality.

And by practicality, I really am referring to more of a mixture of things I've got my eye on.


I've started to get into hot tea these days. I've always been a HUGE fan of sweet iced tea, but now that it is cold out, I find a nice HOT mug of tea really hits the spot in the evenings. Now I'm no afficianado. In fact, I'm still drinking the Lipton singles. Hey, they aren't the ones to make iced tea... that is an accomplishment in itself for me. So, to jumpstart me on my budding obsession, I do believe that this guy would do the trick!
Anyone else love paperwhites as much as I do? The smell, the aesthetics...they've got the full package.
I really am going to need to start collecting some Christmas decor at some point. And because I haven't had the luxury of wedding registries and even the Christmas shower, I guess I'll have to actually start the collection myself. What better way than to start with this insanely gorgeous wooden nativity set?
Confession. I cannot drink a mug of coffee without re-heating it at least twice. My mom has this mug warmer and I always thought they were tacky. Until now. I don't care if they are hideous. I'm getting rather tired of microwaved coffee. And bonus: if you put a candle in a glass container on here, it does the same trick as a lit candle, sans the flame.
Do these even need an explanation?? I think not. I could almost keep these up year round.
Ryan and I were in Pottery Barn last weekend and I don't know if its because its December or because it was Colorado, but that store had one heck of a blanket collection to choose from. It was a REALLY tough choice, but when I was narrowing down my top pick, I decided on this cable knit throw. One side Cable knit, the other, the most luxurious fleece/sheerling/goodness.

1 comment:

Allison and Ryan said...

Where do I get those crowns?!? Need need need!