Monday, December 6, 2010

P is for Party...

Have you ever stumbled across a blog and immediately thought to yourself: "I want to be whoever it is that writes this." Because that was my reaction the SECOND I came across P Is For Party. Now, maybe I'm way behind the times, but I haven't seen this mecca of party planning fabulosity until today. I only went through a few pages, but here are a few of my faves. I will now spend the remainder of the night drooling at these pictures of all the insanely gorgeous parties she does.

Okay you tennis playing ladies, this one is for you. And for your husband. I, for one, would LOVE to attend a party on a tennis court set with posh seating and decor. Complete with what looks like a really fun band, this looks like one of those parties that you leave with clutch under your arm, one handing holding the hand of the one you love, and the other holding your heels. All the while the discussion is both of you gushing about how much fun you just had. AHHUMM...IF I ever get married one day, we would TOTALLY go for something fun like this :)

Excuse me, but how perfect are these pearl encrusted marshmallows?? I. Die.
Alright Montgomery kiddos, this one is for you. Raise your hand if you INSISTED on getting the souvenier cup from all the crazy MCC dances we had in high school. I know I did. And I thought of them almost like a collectors item. Dangit...I should have saved those for a nice laugh to look back at. Because now, I laugh thinking that these were actually approved to hand out. Literally, we would leave the dances while parents handed these out. "Here kids, head on over to the QT and buy some beer and Ricks Spiked Lemonade and pour them into this new cup." {MAJOR Bonus points to anyone who can tell me that guy's name who would always sell to us...WHAT was his name???} I can only imagine the terror my kids will put me through...
I'm POSITIVE that I would have died and gone to Heaven if I had this birthday party as a little girl. And I'm rather confident that I would die and go to Heaven if I have this birthday party now.


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the great find!!

Lee Goodwyn said...

His name was Curtis:)

Megan McKenzie said...

YES! That is awesome, Lee. Go Girl.

Pink Flamingo Style said...

CURTIS!! I kept thinking that was the guy at the Salvation Army who would always sign off on our required Community Service Hours. Curtis, what a man!

Lee Goodwyn said...

OH WOW How could this have escaped me... YES Salvation Army's man was Curtis.... QS guys name was RAY!!!!!

Pink Flamingo Style said...

RAY!!!! That's him!! I would pay REALLY BIG money to have pictures of that famous night that we made Megan wear one of her mom's dress to go buy beer. "Rough day, the kids are driving me crazy." Hands down one of my most favorite memories, EVER!!