Wednesday, December 17, 2008

I woke up early this morning and have a few spare minutes before I kick off another round of 15 hour work days and then a road trip up to Alabama to celebrate Christmas. My office has been working hard this week to get ready for yet ANOTHER fundraiser. We're leaving this afternoon for Tifton, GA and staying overnight. We'll spend ALL DAY there and come back late Thursday night.

My job is SOOOO different from my last job. There is always something to do. I have yet to have a minute where I think, "hmmm what can I do now?" In fact, my thoughts are more like, "How am I going to get everything done?" But staying busy is good...busy makes the day go by SO FAST!

Ryan and I are heading up to Montgomery Friday night to stay the weekend. This will be my Christmas celebration with my family. We've still got a little last minute shopping to do! After lunch with Dad's family in Sylacauga, were heading to Birmingham to squeeze in a few more purchases!

I just havent been able to get into the Christmas spirit this year. Im sad to say that! I have just been way too busy to even decorate. All the gifts are unwrapped in my linen closet. I really have NO idea when those will be wrapped. Im hoping Ryan may read my mind and have these wrapped when I get home :) .... Yeh right!

And just a little comment on the weather here. I've pretty much come to grips with the fact that a cold Christmas is not really an option. It feels like spring time here. The Uggs havent made an appearance in days :( !

One last thing...I scored an amazing haircut last night from the cutest salon here call The Green Peridot. The average price of a haircut in Tallahassee is around $80 and Im proud to brag that I got mine for $40! And no, this is not a bo-bo salon. Its an aveda salon with all senior stylists! That deal felt really good!

1 comment:

The Cobbs said...

Rachel!! I'm so glad I found your blog! I've been reading & trying to catch up with you! Congrats on the new job & the move! I can't WAIT to meet this new guy & check him out...you know he must pass my screening test, right?? ;) He sounds like Mr. Wonderful! Give me a call next time you're in town!
Love, Bonnie