Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Its been a VERY VERY VERY BUSY week so far.

A little recap for ya...

Monday: I started my new job full force. Things are very different in the non-profit world. And I think I'm really gonna like it. Compare an office of 200+ to my now 7 people office, Im in for a treat!! I actually learned everyone's names within the first few hours. It took me weeks to do that in Montgomery, and that was just for my department!!

We worked until 2 then loaded up two cars with all kinds of boxes and headed to Destin, FL.

Please be jealous...

Yes, my first day of work was spent at the beach.

Ok, so it wasn't a fun trip by any means.

We stayed up until around midnight doing all kinds of things setting up for our fundraising event.

Tuesday: Woke up WAY too early in the Hampton Inn (memories flooding back to me from Abby's bachelorette party). Breakfast at 6:30 then off to work until around 9pm.

The event was a lot of fun, not as successful as we had hoped, but was quite the learning experience. I was beyond exhausted from it, but thankfully got a really good nights sleep.

It was a good thing because we went full force ahead today in the office.

All in all, things are going well. Im getting the hang of things little by little. I just want to fast forward to when I know how to do everything without asking. I need some patience!

Life outside the job:
haven't really had one recently minus the moving part.
Ryan and I did go to a wimpy christmas tree farm with heidi and jamey. We were looking for the beastly 18 ft perfect tree but didnt have any luck. First and foremost, the types of trees they had were NOT Christmas trees. I'm sorry i want a tree that can hold ornaments. These puny little things probably couldnt even support a strand of lights.
Ill stick to my traditional fir...thanks.

No comments: