Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Ryan and I have been having a little argument lately. My parents are hosting an engagement dinner for this girl....

LOVE Sara Whatley (but more on that later!).... and the invitation says, "Coat and Tie."
Now if you have ever met Ryan, you will immediately laugh because you know he is not a coat and tie type of guy. He doesn't own a suit and his idea of dressed up is a pair of khaki slacks and a nice button down shirt tucked in with a nice belt and some loafers. So, the idea of having to wears something any dressier than this just repulses him.

BUT, he knows that he can't always have his way so he has been asking around trying to come up with what actually fits into the coat and tie category. He doesn't want to be over or under-dressed.

Down here in Florida, they do things a lot different from us traditional southerners. Here, dressed up is jeans and a nice shirt. I seriously haven't pulled out my dressy clothes in MONTHS because I would simply look like an idiot wearing a dress to dinner.

He has had quite an aray of suggestions, some terrible/some semi-tolerable. The WORST would have to come from his sister and her husband. I was shocked because Jamey normally dresses very well and would fit right in in Montgomery. The two of them suggested he wear a nice pair of jeans with a dress shirt and tie and a corduroy jacket. I'm gagging!! NO SIR!!!

I argued that any time an invitation indicates the dress code, it usually tries to suggest the level of formal-ness the party will have. And my interpretation of coat and tie is, put the suit on and ladies wear a simple cocktail dress. Basically what you would wear to a 4pm wedding.

So, please give me some suggestions. I voted for a suit but he vetoed it!!

About Sara...

I am sooooo thrilled for her!! I've been friends with Sara since 5th grade and I have some pretty good stories of us throughout the years!! We've been partners in crime for all this time and I am so happy that she is about to become Mrs. Caldwell!!

Here are some more pictures of Christmas weekend...the good ones will be posted whenever my mom sends them.

Heres little Lexington sitting on her throne!!

Basically if she can find someone to hold her or sit next to (preferably mom or dad), shes all about it.



this is one of Ryan's candids. I went through the pictures and found a bunch of "what is this?!?!?" Shots!!!



No comments: