Sunday, February 15, 2009

We've had quite the eventful Valentine's Day weekend filled with lots of REALLY good eating and spending time with some of the ones we love!!

Friday night, Ryan had quite the romantic dinner planned for me, but he would NOT tell me what we were doing. All I was told was to dress as if I were going to Bonefish Grill. So my mind was running wild with ideas of where we might go and what we might do. We ended up at this really fun spot called "SAGE." I've heard lots of good things about it, so I was quite excited. A little background information on SAGE. Its quite fancy and you really need a reservation, so I was feeling a bit underdressed wearing a nice jeans outfit. BUT we had private dining outside on their terrace. It was super romantic (at times cheesy), but I ate up every second of it because it is a RARITY that we splurge and go somewhere that nice!!



And then yesterday afternoon, my parents drove down to come visit us. Once again, my sweet romantic had made reservations for the four of us at our favorite spot in Tallahassee, Chez Pierre. It happens to be where we met and it holds a very very special place in both of our hearts. What better place to spend Valentines Day night then this!! It was yet another amazing meal and then Ryan took us to Starbucks (there's a shocker) and treated us all to lattes. I must say the boy put forth some serious effort this weekend and he earned big points in my parents' book! I was quite the brat when I didn't get the usual roses or chocolate, but now I realize that he went above and beyond the boyfriend duties for Valentine's Day and that is a WAY better than a $19.99 bouquet of roses!

And this morning, we got ready and had the fancy schmancy breakfast here!!!

Never a disappointment and of course my Dad LOVED it! Give the man breakfast and he is one happy guy!! After that we went back to the church we tried out last week. This time we went to the contemporary service and both of us absolutely LOVED it! We've both said we're going to try some other churches just to get a feel for what's out there, but I don't know how this will be topped. It was another one of my flashing lights moments. I felt at home there and just have this feeling in my heart that we need to be right there!!


And then to top off my fabulous weekend, Mom brought me some Valentine's Petit Fours from none other than the BEST, Liger's bakery. I remember in college, I became OBSESSED with making these things. They were always terrible looking and odd shaped, but Im just going to have to say, they were DELICIOUS! Probably explains some of the college weight gain, which was quite hard to get off! All that said, yesterdays were beutiful and delicious! Mom knew she would score major points bringing those and she passed that info along to Ryan letting him know if he ever wanted to make me happy, just show up with a box of these!
And now, because I can't figure out how to order my photos, Ill show you some pictures of the little Maddie girl!!
She's sitting next to me while I work and is a little sad since her grandparents and sister left her, but she's quite the happy girl these days!

This was yesterday when she was waiting on grandparents to get here!

Still looking!!
I hope you all had a good weekend! Its been fun so far and I'm just glad to have tomorrow off of work to just enjoy this to the fullest!













No comments: