Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Nothing beats waking up a little bit early and having some extra time in the morning to do the things I want to do! I've got Madison laying next to me, oh so protective of her new home, and I really couldn't be happier! When we brought Maddie home Sunday afternoon, it was the funniest/cutest thing I've EVER seen. She was sooooo excited...like a kid who just moves and runs around his new house discovering everything. We laughed and laughed and laughed. She is completely adjusted and doesn't seem to miss Lexie at all, which is what I was really worried about.

Surprisingly, Ryan has quickly taken to Madison. He doesn't mind dogs but he hasn't ever wanted one of his own. Sunday night I fell asleep watching the Super Bowl (the party was canceled...thank goodness) and I woke up to him kneeling down by the couch talking to Madison. Very sweet moment.

I'm going out of town until tomorrow night for a regional conference in Jacksonville, so guess who's dog sitting!!!

No comments: