Friday, August 6, 2010

Casual Friday...

Fridays in my office mean a little down time for us. On my lunch breaks, I like to do a little window shopping while I eat a boring lunch of chicken and veggies. And its rather frequent that a friend will send me a link to a website with a specific item she's lusting over. I need to keep a running tab of all the finds because I am quite inspired from 9-5, but not so much when I get home.

Anyway, Fridays at my office are a little bit different. For starters, we have breakfast brought in {who doesn't like a yummy free meal to start the day??}. And then on top of that, we have casual dress.

{Sidenote here that only Hines and Lana will appreciate. My last job, Jeans Fridays were earned. And earned is not even the correct phrase. Basically, blood, sweat and tears must have been shed to merit sporting the J.Brands...}

I'm bound and determined to not get frumpy again like I was in Florida. My chinos have made appearances, but there are always heels, cardigans and jewelry involved. To keep up with the vow, I'm a little bit on the hunt for how to make Jeans Friday still professional. So the outfits are looking something like this...


Of course, its J.Crew! I could literally write 2 pages worth about my love for that line. I've been known to check in on them daily to see what is new. Unfortunately, Jenna Lyons' genious doesn't come at a cheap price. So, I'll just continue lusting. By the way, I hear that students get a 15% discount just for showing their ID card. Whip out your Tiger Cards ladies!! Also, this discout applies to the sister store, Madewell {TDF if you ask me!!}. In fact, I believe its a 20% discount there. Doesn't sound like a lot but that is a rather significant chunk of change to be saved. Stash that away for a nice brunch at Murphy's or indulge in a pedicure!!

And I'll leave you with the one item that would simply MAKE my day if it just magically appeared at my door {address is suppliable:) }.

Enter the sequin skirt. Don't take my word for it. Pop over to www.jcrew.com and watch the video about the concept of this fall's looks. The ideas that woman comes up with is just out of this world.

On a MUCH more exciting note. I have FINALLY convinced my friend Sara to start a blog. She's new to it and a little timid with the idea of it. But as soon as she gets it all going, I will be sure to post her link. She and her husband have done some AMAZING things with their house on a budget. She happens to be my chat buddy to discuss decorating during the day {P.S. I am ALWAYS wanting to google chat during the day. SERIOUSLY!!!}.

Happy Friday!!!


1 comment:

Megan McKenzie said...

Did you watch the season premire {sp?] of the Rachel Zoe project last Tuesday? Can we schedule a gchat date for next week to discuss?