Sunday, August 1, 2010

Recap...

I just logged into my blog only to realize that it has been over a week since I posted anything. I don't want to sound like a broken record, but I'm afraid that I have just stayed way too busy to even get online. Its funny how quickly life can change. In a matter of only two months, I went from living the most boring, uneventful life ... desperately trying to convince myself that I was happy {and for the most part I was} to this new insansely fun life I have now. Everyday, I have to pinch myself because I honestly don't think its reality. Any minute now, I'm sure I'll wake up only to realize that all this time I've been dreaming.

A brief catch up session for anyone who literally has nothing else to do because it will probably be a boring story.

Let's see...where to even begin??

Last weekend, I went to Whitewater {the water park} to celebrate one of my friends birthdays. Despite the enormous mass of people {several rather unattractive swimsuits, hairdo's may have been involved} and scary lightning storm buzz kill at the end of the day, I had an amazing time. I'm not one to wait in lines {especially in a bikini...come on. Like, what do you do with your hands the whole time? Do the celebrity hand on hips pose?? Yeh, I wasn't fooling anyone. I was in a swimsuit, barefoot, uncomfortably close to strangers barging in my invisible 3 foot bubble. So two rides was plenty for me}. The rest of the time, I parked it in the intertube in the lazy river or on a lounge chair. I was fine with it. Did NOT get a tan that day, however. Probably slathering on 50 SPF on an overcast day wasn't the best way to bronze up. Sunday, I simply slept. I take that back, rented 3 redbox movies and stayed in bed all day. Treat yourself to a day like that soon...it was incredible.

Nothing too eventful during the week minus the dead battery crisis in the middle of the Home Goods parking lot. I was traumatized. I've always had either a boyfriend or guy friend or my Dad to come to my rescue with things like this. Not this time. Fortunately, my friend Amanda happened to be with me and she happened to know quite a bit about cars and kept me from the panic attack zone.

Moving forward to this weekend. Ryan came in town for the weekend on Thursday. We made quick buddies with my neighbors and spent the weekend with them as well as other friends. He treated me to THE BEST sushi I've EVER had. It tops Harbor Docks. Yes, I said it. That insanely amazing. Whenever you're in Atlanta, let me know, we will go there immediately!! We went to church this morning {which I've been meaning to blog about...more on that soon} and I just felt the Holy Spirit in that place. It was undescribable, but I do know this, it felt so good to be back in church with him.

Okay, so about the new church. Many of you have probably heard of it, but Buckhead Church is just incredible. I've been going there since I moved to Atlanta, and the minute I walked in the doors, I knew I was at home. I've always been most ministered to through music, so I know God's hand was 100% in this because the music at this church is just amazing!! I've been brought to tears within the first song and I've found myself walking out rejuvenated and ready to face another week. So incredibly thankful for this place!

Let's see, what else?? There is so much, but I'll spare you the play by play. It all boils down to the fact that I know I've finally landed where I'm meant to be. Every day, I sit back and think to myself, "this is one fabulous life." I know I'm extremely fortunate to be blessed with this.

Coming up soon: I'm on the hunt for some large scale geometric print black/white or grey/white fabric. Send me your sources and soon I'll post about the project in the works.

No comments: