Sunday, August 22, 2010

Pool Necessities

I've just treated myself to a nice little Sunday date...with myself. Pedicure and a movie. I can honestly say that this was the first movie I've ever gone to by myself and it was wonderful. I'm not sure what pushed me into this Sunday funday, but it was a refreshing break from my usual weekend past time.

Normally, you will find me parked at the pool with my fun neighbors. So, I figured that tonight I would post about what I've found to be the absolute essentials to make a day at the pool the absolute best.

First you're going to need a really hot body. I can't believe that someone was snapping pictures of me at the pool. At least pay me for it. But in all seriousness, you DO want to have a super cute swimsuit that isn't going to leave terrible tan lines. Although it isn't exactly the most flattering top, the bandeau top is hands down the best as far as bronze shoulders go.
Next, you HAVE to invest in some Tervis Tumblers. Since glass is not allowed around any pool, these are by far the best thing to keep your drinks cold. And if you're smart, you'll make sure yours looks exactly like the one above. But really, these things are GOLD. I have them everywhere. Stacks on my desk at work, a few rolling around in the car somewhere and several that permanently stay in my beach bag.

Obviously you're going to need some beach towels. But I always stick to the notion that Cher so cutely said, "the more the merrier!!" Literally. There's always someone who shows up without one and you dont want them dripping on your floors when they come into your house. I keep mine stashed in my pool bag.



And most importantly, you need a Bose Ipod station. Bring the life of the party with you. Yesterday, someone was playing some lame music and we decided that some Bob Dylan would be A LOT more entertaining.


No comments: