Friday, August 13, 2010

More than words...

No pictures tonight.

Tomorrow is the day to take all these. Finally.

But since I haven't had the opportunity to log in and blog, I'll at least do a recap.


Here we go.

I'm currently in re-do the living room mode. All out, balls to the wall, out with the old and in with the new. I FINALLY bought the rug I've been lusting over for months since I saw it in House Beautiful. I want a new sofa, but I just cannot bring myself to do it. Yet. {Santa, Baby, you interested??} So, being the impulsive girl that I am, I decided to take a cheaper route and purchase new covers for the sofa shell as well as the cushions in what I thought was going to be THE perfect shade of charcoal. Fast forward to 5 minutes later when I take it out of the box, only to discover that it was B.L.A.C.K.!! EWWWW. Not a good look for me. At all. And if that wasn't enough, I realized 2 minutes later that I somehow made it out of the store sans receipt. Well isn't this just sweet? Thankfully, Denise in Customer Service did not mind my 9pm frantic call and reassured me that they will honor my return {major shoutouts to Denise!! Okay, I totally made up her name.}.

In the process of re-decoration mode, I've also started to whip out my "greenthumb." Currently, I have basil and rosemary growing in my kitchen. And as tribute to the most incredible grandmomma EVER, an aloe plant that we've affectionately named, Grandma. Burnt your finger on a casserole dish?? Grandma will solve that!! Want to make a delish mozzarella, tomatoe and basil salad?? Come on over!! I'm currently researching other useful herbs like cilantro, thyme and maybe even some lavendar to use to cook and make things with. Suggestions are welcomed.

What else?? Currently in the beginning of a long BEAUTIFUL Rachel Zoe Project Marathon. Why you ask? Oh, maybe because I met a former Zoebot who was just fabulous. I've been obsessed with Zoe for a long time, but after meeting one of her previous proteges, I couldn't help but slip back into obsession mode. That and watching the Season Premier!! Speaking of that, Bravo is my BFF right now. With the beginning of Rachel Zoe Project, Flipping Out and The Real Housewives DC, I've FINALLY caved and made an appointment to get cable. I know, I know. Redic. The hiatus was refreshing but its almost over.

Moving on. After a long stinking time of whining, begging and pleading, I think my hard work finally paid off. Sara and Tyler started a blog. They're some of my absolute favorite people. Guarantee you that you will LOVE this blog!! Sara is absolutely precious and such a one of a kind gal. I love her more than I could say!!

One last thing {if you're still reading this}. I'm considering adding space for sponsors. I've had numerous people encourage me to do this, so I figure, now or never. To get up and running, I'm going to go crazy and do something experimental. I'm offering spots for free for the first month, so email me if you are interested. I'll always keep it classy on here. You will never see google ads or anything like that on here and I can guarantee you that I will give you ample space to get the exposure you want.

2 comments:

Megan McKenzie said...

Im currently obsessed with BRAVO as well. Real Housewives of NJ on Mondays, Tuesdays we get double stuffed with RZ AND Jeff Lewis, and Thursday RH DC. And all of the reruns in between.

Sara Caldwell said...

and she's back! bout time!