Wednesday, July 8, 2009

For Carol

IMG_0627
I've been begging my dad to loan me his fancy-schmancy camera he has that he NEVER uses and just lets collect dust in his closet, but I've had no luck so far. He tried to convince me that I should really learn Photoshop first before I sink $800 + into a camera. Umm, Dad, I don't need to sink that kind of money into anything, because you've got one I can learn on. ANYWAY...that being said, he tried to teach me a thing a two about photo composition. But learning from a man who has not the slightest creative ounce in his body is kinda tough. He did, however, teach me ALL about aperatures and lenses and so on. So, I found these two pictures and thought I would share them. Not that they show ANYTHING that I learned (ummmhmmmm because I was using the $400 point and shoot), but they're still cute!


So most of you know that my mother is DYING for grandkids!! She desperately wants a baby to spoil and hold and love. For now, she's going to have to settle with little pupsters. If this picture doesn't say it all, I don't know what would. Look at poor little Lexington wearing her oh-so-cute life jacket. She's not too pleased to see her granmama playing with another little yorkie. And if you look closely in the background, there's my sweet Grandmomma!! She is by far the kindest lady I've EVER met. I can honestly say that I've never heard her say anything negative .... EVER! What a great example for our negative generation! I can imagine that one day somewhat soon (in the next few years, don't get crazy on me now!), that we'll have another picture just like this, but there will be a baby in Sweet Carol's arms and Grandmomma will be smiling on!!

And then, I would also like to brag about my BEAUTIFUL hibiscus plant my mom gave me a few weeks ago. Yes, you read correctly, I've kept a plant alive for a few weeks. WATCH OUT!!! This beauty sits on my porch for everyone to see and it just keeps on giving. Thank you mom for the pretty housewarming gift!!




No comments: