Thursday, July 23, 2009

Lucky for you guys, I have a pretty twisted sense of humor when I'm tired. And I am VERY tired!! Haven't really slept or eaten in two weeks and and I'm probably at the point of being delirious, so in a few days, I'm sure I'll look back and see this and say, "WHAT THE....!?!?!?"

Anywho. I've had a good day, started kinda rocky but its so incredible how the Lord places the right people in your path to lift you up. And then around 2 this afternoon, I was going 90 mph again, and realized my tears had dried and I had a SMILE on my face!!! Again, oh the little things in life!!

So today, I came home and I'm working on picking up the pieces of my life that are scattered ALL over my place. And I do mean they are EVERYWHERE!! Its kinda scary!! But I'm taking a break and trying to remember the things that make me REALLY happy!! Beware, you're not gonna get it (at least some of them), but everytime that I see these, I just laugh and laugh!!

Probably shouldn't be showing this ridiculously flattering picture of me. But the story behind it just makes me laugh out loud...even now. So you know its good!! This was in Aruba on the last day we were there. We were having a sweet little family breakfast and Sarah and I were have a camera war. So she got that one of me.
And look what I got of her. Oh my gosh, I found this and started crying because I was laughing so hard! I don't even know what this is about, but I'm sure the other customers in that little cafe thought we were the most ridiculous people there. And THAT is what I love about my little sassy!! We are ridiculous around each other. We have our own language, we fight and 2 minutes later start laughing and say, "ok are we done now?", we can be completely silly aroun each other and not for one second feel awkward. Thanks Sassy...you are by far the greatest sister in the world!!


And of course this sweet little face makes me happy. Madison has been my little sidekick for almost 5 years. And she's been through thick and thin with me and she's never left my side. She is the closest thing to being my best friend that a dog can be. And she loves me unconditionally.


And then this little guy is just a hoot. He is into EVERYTHING and loves life! Loves playing, loves his big sister and LOVES his momma!! I sat in my bed talking to my mom last night on the phone, tears running down my face and this sweet little man came up to me and tried to lick them off.
I'm oh so very lucky! I have so much to be grateful for. And its a daily marathon to remember these things. But Rome wasn't built in a day. It was built piece by piece and so are we.
Stay tuned...I'm sure I'll have lots to share from this weekend. Going back to the heart of me...AU!!! And I'm braving out a rando to cut and color my hair. And yall, his name is Don. I dont need to say anymore...because that in itself makes me laugh. My sister called me to tell me my appointment was scheduled and I'll be with Don. I had to close my office door because the laughter could not be controlled!!

No comments: