Sunday, July 26, 2009

A little change in plans...

I got a call Friday afternoon from my little sister saying she just found out she has Mono and so I quickly had to change my plans. I had decided I would just go home instead. But honestly, I wasn't really feeling the 4 hr trip home. I got 1.5 hrs on the way and crossed right into Alabama when I got a call from this girl...

(Please excuse the horrible bags under my eyes!! This was Friday after a LONG day at work.)

And I decided to just turn around and head back to really is home to me now....Tallahassee. It was silly and spontaneous, and felt AMAZING!! So we had a fun weekend out meeting fun new people. And instead of me sitting at home crying over the fact that a year ago from yesterday, I met someone very special. I honestly didn't really even give it much thought, believe it or not. It was fun to just be me.

And for now, things are good. We had an amazin weekend and I felt like I was back in college but its ok. Because tomorrow we'll be back at work (yes we even work together) and living the life of an adult. Its all a fine balance that I'm going to have to find. Because the truth is, I don't really know how to do the single scene and be in the working world at the same time. I'll figure it out. Bit by bit:).

But back to my sister, keep the little squirt in your prayers. Poor little one has mono and I've been there done that and hope to never do it again. So I know she's beyond miserable. Poor thing.

No comments: