Sunday, May 17, 2009

I have a confession to make. I'm completely smitten with http://www.elementsofstyleblog.com/
I cant help but to continue to take pictures from her blog. Probably because she and I are on the same wavelength. I'm pretty sure I would hire her as my interior designer or personal shopper.

But since my budget doesn't really have room for luxuries like this (that and I've always said the first thing I would do if I won the lottery is hire a hair stylist to do my hair everyday), I can just drool over all her finds. Plus, I don't think there's anything wrong with starting to put together ideas of things I like for the day that I get to put my sweet Ry to work on our house....wayyyyyyy in the future.

I really like it when houses devote a WHOLE room to one thing, like the shoe wall I posted earlier, or like this tub. Its not shoved in the bathroom with a shower, sinks and toilets. Let me drift off into my daydreams and tell you what I see here. Little sisters in a bubble bath playing while I'm sitting on that comfy chair, probably on the phone with someone. Ahhh what do I know?

I'm sure it will NEVER be that picture perfect. Whatever, its called a daydream for a REASON!!



While I don't get into bear skin rugs, and I dont necessarily like the light blue, I cant help but salivate at the layers of this bed. The other day, I was bragging on Ryan to the girls at work how he made up the new guest bed with all the layers 100% correctly (**sidenote, I left step by step instructions along with a diagram with what order everything goes in....featherbed, mattress cover, fitted sheet, top sheet, blanket, duvet, quilt, quilt at bed....). Anyway, someone said, "I can imagine your house to be one of those that people feel like they're going to break something at any point." Yall, this kinda got my attention and I started to thinking. I love comfort. And i love a REALLY comfy bed. One like this. One that you look at and instantly want to run and jump into. Turn the fan on high, air down to 65, blinds closed and off to dreamland we go!




I really want and need to complete my bedroom furniture with a nice dresser like one of these. And of course some matching side tables. I would absolutely love to find some nice antiques like these. I would much rather buy furniture with a history rather than the back printed with something like "Havertys" on it. I digress. Anyway, I'm on the lookout for these beauties (and as always sticking to the them of "I work for a non-profit and must find a good deal". I've read a bunch of blogs where you ladies, who are leaps and bounds ahead of me in the decorate your house department, have found goldmines with great finds like these for great prices. (**Please excuse all my super long sentences, I'm on a rant right now...just deal.) So, where might I look in Florida? Anyone out there??






No comments: